3/30/2007

Black and White is IN


I came across several rolls of vintage (err,probably 60-70's) vinyl wallpaper. I have had it for years and it only just recently occurred to me to try sewing with it! It sews up fabulously, and is pretty darn durable, but still a bit thin. I mad some whole bags out of it and they came out great.
My only concern is how long it would last - I mean I know how rough I am on bags, and I have to imagine most gals on the go throw theirs around quite a bit too.

It has so many different ladies and types of styles on it, the projects one could do seem endless...

So, I decided to hunt out some nice light weight black canvas and make summer totes. I put a big rectangle of the vinyl on each side, and added pre-made white cotton straps. I like them! I am considering adding a simple bit of trim or a flower or something, as I cannot help myself in that department. This first one is in the Etsy shop today. Its only $20.00. Say you saw it on my blog and you can have it for $15.00!!!! Fruitcake thyself right now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH YOU FINSISHED ONE OF THOSE BAGS...VERY FUN