8/27/2008

Fat Birdies are too cute!

I know that when I get back to illustration, my first love, that it should be a lot more dramatic than a little fat birdie - but I drew him months ago and he has been on the bulletin board staring at me. So, now Fruitcake has Fat Birdies. I printed them out on fabric "paper" that goes through the ink jet and did up like 10 prototypes before settling on this cute fabric brooch. ( my desk is a mountain of felty scraps now, joy)

I think they would look cute on a tote bag,no? I also whipped up a few big ones to experiment making appliques, for, guess what - yep tote bags! I think I will clean up my desk first.

Next, I have to make a cute card for them and then make a whole bunch to bring to shows.
If you visit me at a show and make a purchase, you will get a FREE birdie pin if you mention you saw it on my Blog! Can't wait to mix and mingle in the Fall air.....

xo Fruitcake!

1 comment:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Your shows are too far..Pooh, I wanted a birdie pin.
I am off to browse your etsy again...let me just add that I have great luck with ebay and just started on Etsy....I did sell a vintage poodle cookie jar on Monday from Etsy though.
My site on the other hand is hard work!!!! I have to constantly keep it fresh and it takes so long to upload items. I noticed you were going to open a on-line store too....it is hard to get noticed but with your stuff, I am sure you have a loyal following already. :)