9/04/2008

Fab Flea Rehab - What have you redone lately?

Okay, I just really like saying that. It’s adorable. Fabulous Flea Market Finds that get Rehabilitated – just doesn’t sound as fun.

I am, as are many, a thrift store,yard sale, flea market junkie. I have decided to add my junk- to -funk section to enjoy the treasure hunting process even more by making use of years worth of collections – trims, button, fabrics, etc…This is where you get to score something totally sweet, without having to drive around for hours!

Trash to treasure seems more like an extra side hobby that just takes your life over before you knew what decopaged you.

Here is my list of " You might be a Trash Junkie If..."
1) You know when OTHER neighborhoods trash day
2) They know you by name at your local thrift store
3) You have stuffed int0 the closet, garage,and under the bed, your "secret collections"
4) Abandoned chairs are more alluring than stray cats
5) One of your key phrases is " I don't know what I will do with it, but I HAVE to have it.
6) also "I will think of something to do with it" ( even if its 3 years later)
7) Your cure all mantra is "Paint it!!!" ( who doesn't love the smell of spray paint in the backyard?)
8) Hiding your newest hall is second nature
9) Fridays are for getting Yard Sale ones and change ready
10) You actually have an "I break for yard sales" bumper sticker

So, if you fit at least three of these things, I am afraid your outlook is trashy. But.. the good news is the treasure is only one neighbors white chair with a ripped seat away....oh wait, that's my newest project...anyone seen my staple gun?????

No comments: