9/25/2008

A Moment in Time


I used to go to parties, I used to be more social. I used to think myself clever and try to eek more interesting conversation out of people by asking them funny or probing questions. Now, it seems that I spend a lot of time alone and just have myself to ask all these things of.

My questions now are more visceral, and evoke emotions that I have to find ways to explain.
I am guessing this is good for an artist,but I am a crafter, I make with the cute,not the deep! This has come to pass where, when I meet new people, I am looking at them to see if they are on my wave length or not.....when did this happen? When did I start caring about wave lengths?

I am too young to go on one of those self discovery journeys! I believe we can create ourselves as we go along, shape and reshape as needed. Right? I hope so. I hope that I can truly learn to appreciate the very small moments in life, take them into my current shape and let them relax me when I need it most. This universe is filled with moments, blink and they are gone.

So, to try and get out of my own head so much and feel more a part of the big picture, I vowed to connect with one sweet "moment in time" each day. My version of a take five, a mental break form chores and stress. Lets hope it works.

I wanted to share this one, because its just as nice and simple as it gets. When I was little, around three, we lived in Tennessee, and one of my first memories was of the Morning Glories we had outside the house. I loved those flowers so much.
This year, in my first new house, I wanted to plant some, as the people before me left their trellis.
I do NOT have a green thumb, let me say. I bought pre started morning glories and they all kinda died before Spring had sprung. I had one funny little straggler left, I popped him in there anyway. I never expected anything of him, so perhaps that was why he chose to give me this gift, and just in time for my birthday....my one little friend, who peeked into my bathroom window to say hello.
Expect nothing and sometimes you get everything.

I need to hold on tho this thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful new addition to your new home!