10/20/2008

One Eyed One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater!!!

Okay, so he was sans the One Eye Part....overlook that fact and we have a pretty fun costume! I was given a bunch of purple and blue faux fur last year, and have not really know what to do with it..until now! What started out as, " Hey - let's make a werewolf costume" this year, turned into this:
We made him wearing clothes, fur arms, fur legs( tubes of fur attached to clothes) and feet( covers and elastic) purple duct tape tummy, black fingernails, fingerless gloves, makeup face, dog collar, cool wings ( from a cheapo dissected and beheaded bat decoration) and a nice big black horn. Voila! A very happy ten year old, and it all only cost me about $10.00, as I actually had most of that stuff on hand!


He won the school dance costume contest, so, you know, go Mom.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool costume Finn. You look Great!
Have fun tricker treating.
Auntie Kelly

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

This is my 2nd attempt to leave a comment...Blogger was having problems the first time:(

Finally did my tag....years later LOL
How did you do on Flea Market Friday?

I did ok my first time but things are slow now.....etsy has been ok~3 sales this month. Good,considering that I only have about 10 items listed.

Love your sons costume....the song was stuck in my head earlier!!!
I remember the days of helping with costumes....gone now:(

I love that lil lamb pulling the cart~Sheri

PAC said...

This costume is awesome!! Wowee!!