2/06/2011

New Website!


I am very excited to finally be using my brain this winter for something besides baby stuff and crafty stuff ( breaks are good for the flow, I am hoping) - so I decided to take a Fabulous class on building a Wordpress Website. The class is on online course taught by Tara Gentile of Scoutie Girl .com and so far it has been outstanding. The class is broken down into easy to understand lessons with videos and written instructions and access to forums. Now, I say easy, in the sense that you can comprehend the information - but you may have to really dissect and figure out the "how" part of the lesson. In the end, if you follow along, you will have some very nice basic HTML knowledge and a sweet,simple site that you can update yourself. I am happy with this project so far, and hope to really make it more exciting in the future!

I have spent some time playing with this Blogger site for some time now, but never really used it
to any great potential. Soon I will decide if I am keeping this space, or moving the blog entirely onto the website, under Wordpress. My big long term goal in blogging, would be to actually share my projects as I work on them and post tutorials - as I would love to give back to the crafting community online, as it has given to me.

When the site is published, it will be simply : www.fruitcakedesigns.com - but not just yet!

No comments: