11/12/2008

Handmade Arcade: Popular In Pittsburgh!



This was such a great, great show, can't say enough good things about it. It was super organized and it went very well. I was so glad that I took a friend all that way to split the booth, the drive, the gas and get a chance to check out all the other FABULOUS vendors. I wish I could have gone on a shopping spree. The show was very diversified in what it offered, with around 85 or so vendors.
The building seems dark in my photos, but it was lit quite well. The building was this HUGE armory, home to jeeps and tanks that guarded one end of the building. It wasn't really cold, so that was another bonus.

I got lucky, and had a nice spot up front, to be one of the first booths people saw upon entering. There were crowds lined up outside to get in both days, and they stayed, and they shopped - what more can you ask for?

Oh, you can ask to get a blip in the paper: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/living/events/s_597366.html - sweet!


This year, I invested in better displays and packaging and feel that it was well worth it. One of the things I love to do besides see the crafts, is how others do their presentations and packaging, I really feel its the polish on your products that win over a hesitant buyer sometimes.
I have cute square pink boxes for my cuffs and that makes me happy, I hope it makes you happy if you buy one! ha ha!

For some reason, my inner photo junkie did not come with me on this trip, not sure why, so I just have these few dark shots.

I also did some Fab-0 trades with the most excellent people of Pink Kiss Pottery Studio, Strawberry Luna, and My Paper Crane - I love really good trades like these, so all around it was a totally worth it and fun trip to make.

Cept, I am kinda wiped of stock and have more shows. I know, such a problem to have, right?

Back to the crafty Salt Mines with me....I am actually working on a few new things too, cause you can't stop the rockin.....

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Soo fun to talk with you today! Really happy to meet such a talented fun person....I never ever stop people and compliement them but that snazzy pin caught my eye and I had to ask about it! Glad I did.
Talk to you soon :)

Unknown said...

I'm up to my ears in producing for two big shows in December. I have blisters on my fingers.

Your stuff always looks delicious! Good luck with your remaing shows!